Right now Blueberry is looking for a front-end architect, who would be setting the methodology of development, designing apps and leading the optimization for a maximum scale and performance. At the same time, we expect from you to be a mentor for other developers and write clean and readable code.
What to expect
Our tech stack and tooling:
We choose the tech stack on our own, but mostly we work with:
- React.js & React Native
- GraphQL (Apollo, AppSync), REST API
- AWS, Firebase
- TestCafé, Jest, Detox – we have our own QA
- JIRA, Github, CircleCI
During recent projects we handled these tech challenges:
- Fullstack work with AWS and serverless architecture
- Development of an animated app in React Native
- Implementation of interface for video calls
- Work with an offline state of the app (offline first)
- Optimization of the app for more effective scaling
- Modernization of code base
What you should know
- Good knowledge of TypeScript, Flow is an advantage
- Advanced knowledge of React.js, any other framework like Vue.js or Angular is an advantage
- Knowledge of React Native
- Knowledge of Node.js
- Experience with communication with REST API / GraphQL
- Knowledge of principles of testing (unit, integration, end-to-end)
- Knowledge of other programming language is an advantage
- Experience with front-end tools such as Webpack, previously gulp, grunt
What we offer
How we learn and grow
All our developers in the Prague office have an option to use 10 % of working hours for self development to get familiar with new technologies and to improve soft-skills as well. At the same time we learn new things and research what brings the most value to the client. We expect from you to introduce new technologies and methods to team as well.
Technologies we did not use 2 years ago
and learned them
- AWS – Our DevOps team received a dedicated self-study time to prepare themselves for AWS certification, which they successfully passed and therefore we started to develop first apps with backend on AWS.
- Vue.js – We are big fans of React, but our group of developers wanted to expand their skills and therefore we could compare the advantages and disadvantages of vue/react.
- Test café – Our QA engineers needed a testing tool with cross-browser support and within the self study programme they mastered Test café.
- Node.js – Limited parking spots in front of our office gave us the idea of developing our own parking app, where our developers acquired the knowledge of back-end based on Node.js.
- ReasonML – We learned this typed language from Facebook on our own product for evaluating user stories, which we use for scrum planning.
Our amazing benefits
- Dog-friendly office – bring your doggo to the office
- We’ve got ugo, maté, ice-cream and cookies to satisfy your cravings
- Regular events (wine degustation, BBQ, foosball tournaments, team buildings)
- Game room to relax and chill (foosball, ping pong, Xbox)
- And our greatest benefit was already mentioned – 10% of working hours for self study
Who you’ll work with
Our open-source contributions
Every tool we make to help us work gets released to the open-source community by default. You’re welcome to use any of these, remix them, or just check out the quality of our code.
React load script
- Last update: Jan. 02, 2018
React component that makes it easy to load 3rd party scripts
Redux file upload
- Last update: Jan. 02, 2017
Redux-friendly file upload made easy